<a href=”http://www.blogadda.com” title=”Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs”> <img src=”http://www.blogadda.com/images/blogadda.png” width=”80″ height=”15″ border=”0″ alt=”Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs” /></a>
Sharing this article from a fellow blogger Emily Walsh , the Community Outreach Director for the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance. Mesothelioma Awareness Day is coming soon (Sept. 26) and since US veterans and military members are the most at risk for developing mesothelioma cancer its necessary that world being a global village should be made aware of such a cancer which makes many soldiers prone to risk………….keep sharing
“Mesothelioma — a long word you may have heard on a commercial or two, but do you know what it means? This rare and deadly cancer is sadly lacking awareness. In honor of Mesothelioma Awareness Day this September 26, read on for the top 8 things you don’t know about this cancer, but should. Then share them. The key to saving lives starts with education.
1. Mesothelioma is caused by asbestos exposure. Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that is invisible to the naked eye. Once inhaled, these fibers may infect the protective lining of the lungs, abdominal cavity, or cardiac cavity.
2. No amount of exposure is safe. Just exposing yourself once could put you at risk for developing the disease later on in life. If you were exposed today, you may not be aware until 2043, as the average latency period is about 30 – 40 years.
3. Asbestos was once used in more than 3,000 consumer products. These include household items, some of which may still be in use. Some of these even include hair dryers, crock pots, and cigarette filters.
4. It can be found in many older homes, schools, factories, and commercial buildings. Homes built prior to the 1970’s, along with a myriad of public buildings still could potentially contain asbestos because of the materials used in the original construction.
5. Asbestos exposure is still the LEADING CAUSE of occupational cancer in the US. Even after 30 years since the United States government issued stern warnings about the continued use of asbestos, many workers who were once exposed are now at risk of developing the disease.
6. United States Veterans are at the greatest risk. For many years, asbestos was used across all branches of the military. Many veterans and shipyard workers were exposed to high levels of asbestos from several different applications. US Navy veterans who served during World War II and the Korean Conflict unfortunately have the highest incidences of asbestos related disease, including mesothelioma.
7. Asbestos is still not banned in the US. Federal law requires the newly manufactured products contain no more than 1% asbestos. Although its use is regulated, roughly 30 million pounds are still being used each year.
8. Mesothelioma can be caused by secondary exposure. Family members of those who were directly affected by on-the-job asbestos exposure may also at risk of developing mesothelioma.
Want to do something to help this Mesothelioma Awareness Day? Our friend and 7 year survivor, Heather Von St. James, needs your help. Check out her campaign and share her message to help educate and save lives. Be a voice for the victims.
Again ,a MIG 21 crashes and an enquiry was set up . Let’s start the blame game -weather,pilot ,technical fault and what not but the fact is Indian Air force still flies age old MIG 21 but hey a day or two of cries and our politicians will be busy doing what they are good at -Digging gold out of Coal,spectrum , appointments etc For Country’s sake stop the corruption at the defense deals
We have one of the brightest minds,the best soldiers who don’t even wink in the name of the duty only to loose life not in a war ,not in an operation but as DRDO can’t prepare LCA Tejas on time already completed 3 decades in the making
The first project was sanctioned in 1983 to replace age old MIG 21s IAF placed drder for 20 tejas in IOC 2 configuration with American GE 404 engines and 6 Tejas Mark 3 squadron with powerful GE F-414 engines
Tejas is nowhere near completion ,indigenous R&D is in shackles ,No advanced defense deals and these young men laid to
Diyar Sarkar – for you it may be one more accident but for a family they lost their son, at an early age a son who wanted to serve this country, our country at any cost
RIP Flight lieutenant Shikhar Kulshreshtha #Respect
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle’s flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
He called it … Dad
This was worth reading..
“7%” Written by a 90 year old
This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I’ve ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don’t worry, God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
Friends are the family that you choose.
Dedicated to all those unknown unsung and unwept soldiers ,Who were killed at the first sight by the dead drop looks ……….. For you contours are easy to read than the city maps ,You feel comfortable in jungles and get lost in metros.For you time is in hundred hours, 3 ‘ O clock is a direction,Distance is always in multiples of hundred meters and you keep on loosing North.When people meet near pubs, cafes and discs.You meet near water tanks, bridges and culverts.For you Kenwood and Motorola are familiar brands of Radio setsand Apple and Blackberry are fruits.You never knew cars, mobiles and bikes also had series.The only series you know is the AK’s.You names of all Tanzeems,but do not know the name of IPL teams.Stamps on your passport are of Congo and Sudanwhere as others go to US, UK and Japan.You remember the raising days,but forget the anniversaries and birthdays.When others talk of CEO and COO,You only know C with only one O.For you lol and asap is greekand you even look for them in Appx ‘C’.When others talk of Pune, Bangalore and Gurgaonyou talk of Poonch, Lalgarh and Bongaigaon.For you ,The Safety Honour and Welfare of your Country comes first , Always and Every Time .and women will be from Venus and not from Mars, always and every time.For you green and blue are own,Red and pink are danger zones.For you the choice of arms was more painful than the break upand chasing girls tougher than the march up.You will travel 500 miles to meet her ,But will expect her to walk the last five steps.You can take darbar of 120 rusty men for three hours,But will be afraid to speak three magical words.You will crack any code or language ,But one line message of her’swith few dots and exclamation marks will confuse you.For all those who thinks he is a flirt ,He will be the last man standing ,True to his vows and words………
I hope it can describe this unique creed of MEN…from Indian Army
Its Army day on 15th Jan and hey how many of you know that (To those who are ignorant ,you must be quite sure about Valentine’s Day,Rose Day)
Not to blame you ,we never fail to make them realize that their worth is never realized as father of one of a kargil war martyr once said “Why do we or for anyone else have to proove or put up papers to show that my son sacrificed for the country,isn’t it our responsibility to know that”
So on Army Day ,thanking the Indian Army for all the pains they take,for all the sacrifices they make ,for silently carrying out utmost service for the country in the name of duty while we keep on complaining about minor irritations
Today my dear fellowmen,
You will learn about some men,
Who are for their country,
More than just someone who brought them victory,
For when their nation was in danger,
their blood boiled in anger,
Without caring for their personal life,
They left their parents,children,and wife,
And off they went like real heroes,
To make the enemy feel like zeroes,
These men had muscles like Iron,
And had the hearts of a Lion,
When the enemy faced these men,
The enemy didn’t know where to go then,
For one of these men,
Was enough for the enemies then,
The enemy then ran away like rats,
Like rats run after seeing the cats,
Thus these men saved the country,
Giving it a proud victory,
The heroes of this story,
Work for the world’s best military,
These are the great and ever victorious,
Our Proud Indian Armed Forces!”
HAPPY ARMY DAY
I write this post in utter disappointment and sadness as “Nirbhay”/”Amanat”/Damini (whatever you name her) passed away and succumbed to injury she got during her brutal rape .I cried like I lost a family member and so did everyone She was me,she was you and she was every girl who dreams for a career,for family ,for love,for marriage but never dreamt to live because she thought it was so very normal but No :a barbaric day ,6 demons and she is now confined to coffin it seems she came for a mission to shake up the sleeping nation where women are still second class citizens,where tolerance for eve teasing is very high ,where women are raped every 22 minutes ,where political class seems to cash on rapes .The capital of country erupted in rage ,in anger and a biggest leaderless movement started and the air of Delhi echoed “WE WANT JUSTICE” and came the most shocking and insensitive response from the “so called” representatives of citizens ,Some foolish comments from moral policing to Dented painted comments But the country cries ,screams in grief that “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH” .I write this letter as a rape victim to shake everyone so that the bastards get a punishment that one could never dare to rape someone
“If I am raped tomorrow,
Leave me on my own,
Please don’t forward messages for my sake,
I am not worthy of your status’ ache.
Don’t give me your pity,
Don’t pray for my soul,
You are the same people who did not care when I lay there in a hole.
Your E-protests are not getting me justice,
Nor my sisters any protection,
The government is going to sensitize the issue,just to win the coming election.
First they objectified me,
Now the turn is yours,
How dare I step outside, I am just meant for the household chores.
Don’t console my father
Don’t try to cheer up my mom,
It’s something you can forget tomorrow, but for them I’m forever gone.
I am dead now,
Humanity died with me
For I am a girl, I deserve every bit of this, I’m not to be seen equally.
This society is esoteric
A ‘fatal lie’, a ‘deadly truth’
It propogates such evil, and is the one to protest that it is ruth.
It cries for me and still mocks my death
For a few days later you’ll all forget, hundreds like me will come and go,
For we are all going to reap what we once did plow,
Years ago the seed was sown,
‘She is a woman, she has to be tamed and made to moan.’
Now live with it, and dance with joy,
See her being meddled with, like a cheap plastic toy.
For she is a girl, she deserves every bit of this,
For her’s is weak and Mightier is His !”
The recent Incident of Delhi Gang rape shivers the nation down the spine .Rape is much more a mental scar than physical injuries It makes me wonder is this the same society where goddess in the name of Laxmi,Durga and Kali are worshipped Somewhere we associate our families pride,izzat,samman with the women and its so easy to come and play it with .The girls trauma ,torture is disturbing ,barbaric and hey why this hell – just because she went to see a movie ,she took. a wrong bus?? .Any bastard can rape a girl and throw her out of moving bus? My head hangs in shame today when we call ourselves a developing country ,100 years of Delhi’s heritage and blah blah .It was her today ,it would be me tomorrow ,day after your own daughter .So just don’t sit back and ponder over the deteriorating law and order ,make yourself heard ,don’t let this outrage die down ,Media +citizens should pressurize the government to take a stern action ,Castrate the bloody bastards ,hang them so that next time someone even thinks about such act ,the treatment meted out to those bastards keeps them back
“They spoilt me ,I fought
They forced themselves upon me ,I fought
They laughed ,I shivered
I could see hundreds of people walking ,I screamed
I looked for darkness around ,I shrieked
I fought ,I fought and then surrendered
Surrendered amid those animals,their ghastly hands
And then I saw a light ,I saw my mom ,waving her hands through my hair
I saw my dad saying you are my princess
I cried,I cried and then closed my eyes…….
” Don’t tell your daughter to stay safe at home ,ask your son to behave properly ”
And as I write this Delhi rape victim wrote a note for her mom “I want to live” Prayers!!